Neck Pain Prevention Tips from Your Summerlin Chiropractor
The stiffness, the shooting aches, and the immobility: neck pain is often indicative of a bigger problem, such as a sports injury, auto accident injury, or a spinal condition. If you have long-term neck pain, you may not know what other options you have at this point besides surgery.
By seeing a chiropractor for neck pain treatment, you can finally pinpoint what’s causing your pain. Once you get some neck pain relief, how do you stay pain-free? Follow these tips.
Neck Pain Prevention Tips
The following tips will help you prolong your neck pain relief, either between chiropractic appointments or after you’re done seeing your Summerlin and Las Vegas chiropractor:
- Watch your weight. The more you weigh, the more pressure you put on your spine, which could lead to neck pain.
- At your chiropractor’s recommendation, learn neck exercises that keep this area healthy.
- Learn stress management techniques so you don’t exacerbate a neck condition.
- Try sleeping on your back or on your side to keep your neck level all night.
- Use wedge-shaped pillows and cervical pillows to provide more support and comfort to those prone to neck pain.
- Watch how you pick up heavy objects. Instead of transferring weight to your back, transfer it to your knees.
- Use an ergonomic office chair at work so you don’t strain your back or neck throughout the day.
- Learn correct posture; again, an ergonomic chair comes in handy here. Poor posture and slouching can contribute to neck and back pain.
With these tips, your neck pain should be much more manageable.
Need Neck Pain Treatment? Contact Red Rock Chiropractic, Your Summerlin and Las Vegas Chiropractor
If you need neck pain treatment, come to Red Rock Chiropractic. As your Summerlin and Las Vegas chiropractor, we administer techniques and services like auto accident injury treatment, back pain treatment, massage therapy, and chiropractic techniques and specialties such as manipulations, spinal decompressions, and adjustments. You’ll be sure to feel some neck pain relief soon.
We’re available by phone at 702-880-5335 or you can visit us at Red Rock Chiropractic at 2085 Village Center Circle, Suite 110.